- Pre-Primary 1 commonly known as PP1
- Pre-Primary 2 commonly known as PP2
In 8-4-4, this was what was known as Nursery Schools or Kindergarten Schools. Contrary to what people think, 8-4-4 NEVER recognized nursery schools, as it's learning system started of at Primary School 8-4-4. As such, nursery schools never truly had any standards stipulated by the Ministry of Education.
CBC replaced subjects with what is known as learning areas this differs from the predecessor in that it majorly consists of activities.
Topics is replaced by strands. A learning areas at these level heavily consists of Activities, this is the use of learning aids such as physical objects such as bottle caps to help the learner in counting in Mathematics.
Pre-Primary (PP1 & PP2) learning areas include:
- Mathematics Activities
- Language Activities
- Environmental Activities
- Psychomotor and Creative Activities
- Religious Education Activities
Religious Education Activities consists of
- Christian Religious Education
- Islamic Religious Education
- Hindu Religious Education